“Every parent would like to have a child whose personality shines wherever the child goes. It is the personality that is appreciated everywhere. Such pleasing personality is what is the main aim of this education.”
- His Holiness Sri Sri Ravishankar
Guruji – Our Founder
- His Holiness Sri Sri Ravishankar is universally revered spiritual and humanitarian leader. His vision of a violence – free, stress free society through the reawakening of human values has inspired millions to broaden their spheres of responsibility and work towards the betterment of the world.
- Born in 1956 in Southern India, Sri Sri was often found deep in meditation as a child. At the age of four, astonishes his teachers by reciting the Bhagavad Gita, an ancient Sanskrit scripture. He has always had the unique gift of presenting the deepest truth in the simplest of words.
- Sri Sri established the Art of Living, an educational and humanitarian Non-Governmental Organisation that works in special consultative status with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations in 1981. Present in over 150 countries, it formulates and implements lasting solutions to conflicts and issues faced by individuals, communities and nations. In 1997, he founded the International Association for Human Values (IAHV) to foster human values and lead sustainable development projects.
- Sri Sri has reached out to an estimated 300 million people worldwide through personal interactions, public events, teachers, Art of Living workshops and humanitarian initiatives. He has brought to the masses ancient practices which were traditionally kept exclusive, and has denied many self-development techniques which can easily be integrated into daily life to calm the mind and instill confidence and enthusiasm. One of Sri Sri’s most unique offerings to the world is the Sudarshan Kriya, a powerful breathing technique that facilitates physical, mental, emotional and social well-being.
- Numerous honours have been bestowed upon Sri Sri, including the Order of the Pole Star (the highest state honour in Mongolia), the Peter the Great Award (Russian Federation), the Sant Shri Dnyaneshwara Word Peace Prize (India) and the Global Humanitarian Award (USA). Sri Sri has addressed several international forums, including the United Nations Millennium World Peace Summit (2000), the World Economic Forum (2001, 2003) and several parliaments across the globe.
- Sri Sri Ravishankar Vidya Mandir (SSRVM) is an epitome of value education that provides the right environment to every child to blossom to their true potential. SSRVM aims to be a nurturing ground for the holistic development of students.
- Spread across 1.5 acres, the temple of learning stands tall and mighty in the heart of Vidyaranyapura. The infrastructure and ambience provides a perfect atmosphere for learning. Added to this is the love, care and attention that the child, receives, thus making the school a home away from home.
- Provide value based education in a stress-free student friendly environment that….
- Enables the students to discover their inner talents and to blossom them to the fullest potential.
- Broadens the vision and deepens the roots by enabling them to appreciate the cultural heritage of their own country and yet have a global vision.
- Our mission to have at least one school in every district of India where learning is inspiration and fun and a sense of belongingness is created.
- One institute or higher education in every state in India to establish a standard in education that will become a role model.